A colorful, seasonal salad perfect for cool weather.
- 3 fuyu persimmons cored and thinly sliced
- 4 cups lettuce greens torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pistachios chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Place sliced persimmons and torn lettuce into a salad bowl. Dress with vinegar and oil. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Season with pepper. Mix until well combined. Serve.
Jenni Dye is a Nutrition Education Specialist IV who has worked at the Center for Healthy Communities since 2006. Jenni is a Registered Dietitian and Chico State Alumni, holding a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in nutrition science. Jenni’s background is in farming, school/community-based nutrition education, community food systems, food security and food safety.