Roasted Fall Vegetables
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 small butternut squash peeled and seeded
- 1 pound turnips
- 1 large sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cut the carrots, butternut squash, parsnips, and sweet potato into 1¼-inch pieces. Place the vegetables in a sheet pan, drizzle with olive out, and sprinkle with salt and paper. Toss well. Roast for 25-35 minutes, or until the veggies are fork tender. Flip once with a spatula. Once out of oven, sprinkle with parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
Redding resident Sadie Krueger has been cooking professionally for twenty-four years, including in the nutrition and healthcare industry for ten of those years. After witnessing the devastating effects of diet and lifestyle choices and the healing benefits of a healthy diet and lifestyle, she now loves creating plant based recipes using local, organic produce to improve the health of her clients, family, and friends.