Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- 4 large large red bell peppers Can use already roasted peppers
- 1 can 15 ounces of white cannelloni beans drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup basil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cut peppers into 4 sections and remove the seeds. Place sections on a sheet pan. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes until they soften and before they blacken. They should be charred around the edges. Let sit covered with foil for 15 minutes or until easy to work with. Peel off the skin.
- In a food processor, pulse 2 tablespoons of olive oil and all the ingredients until smooth and blended.
- Serve with crackers, bread, vegetables, or chicken skewers. I like a drizzle of balsamic reduction (balsamic vinegar that has been brought to a boil and reduced on low for 15 minutes until it thickens slightly).
Redding resident Sadie Krueger has been cooking professionally for twenty-four years, including in the nutrition and healthcare industry for ten of those years. After witnessing the devastating effects of diet and lifestyle choices and the healing benefits of a healthy diet and lifestyle, she now loves creating plant based recipes using local, organic produce to improve the health of her clients, family, and friends.