- 1 small head red or green leaf lettuce or 2 packed cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 6 fresh peaches halved, pitted, and grilled
- Fresh mozzarella or burrata
- Honey Thyme Shallot Dressing recipe below
HONEY THYME SHALLOT DRESSING
- 3 shallots halved
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or more if you prefer
- 1–2 tablespoons honey depending on your preference for sweetness
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil half for roasting
- shallots and garlic half for emulsifying/dressing
To prepare salad:
- Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces and toss with Honey Thyme Shallot Dressing. Divide onto four plates. Slice grilled peach halves and mozzarella/burrata and arrange atop lettuce. Serve.
To prepare dressing:
- Place the shallots and garlic in a ramekin and cover with oil. Roast at 325° for an hour or longer. You’re looking for very deep golden brown colour to the shallots. Once shallots are cooled, combine in blender 3–4 tablespoons of the roasted shallot and 3–4 tablespoons roasted garlic squeezed out of the soft bulb, along with mustard, thyme, honey, vinegar. Blend well. Emulsify with the remaining fresh olive oil: blend at medium/high speed while slowly drizzling in oil.
Chef Yess Bryce offers these sides for colorful summer meals. Her weekly Facebook Live posts at Hell Yess Let’s Cook bring you cooking lessons, including for the Romesco Sauce here. Warning about her videos: strong language and occasional off-color jokes.