Make this with flatbread of choice (or use baked phyllo dough or pre-made pizza dough).
Flatbread with Sun Dried Tomato Chipotle Sauce
- Flatbread of choice approximately 6- x 11-inch
- 1 7-ounce jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Chipotle Topper Sauce
- 2–3 large tomatoes
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 4 ounces grated cheese of choice
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- A handful of fresh basil leaves cut in chiffonade ribbons
- 1–2 teaspoons of dried red chili flakes or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spread the flatbread with Chipotle Topper Sauce. Lay slices of fresh tomato and red onion over the bread. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted. Garnish with spoonsful of ricotta, ribbons of fresh basil, and a sprinkle of dried red chili flakes.
Chef Richie Hirshen is Corporate Chef at Bella Sun Luci, in Chico.