Zucchini Pappardelle with Shrimp, Bella Cream Sauce, and Tomato Breadcrumbs
For the tomato breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup plain panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes with Italian Herbs
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
For the shrimp
- 10 ounces large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon salt divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sun Luci olive oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
For the zucchini pappardelle
- 4 small or 2 large zucchini, ends trimmed
For the dish
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes with Italian Herbs roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- ½ small lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely minced
To make the tomato breadcrumbs
- In a food processor, combine panko, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, salt, and process until mixture resembles coarse sand (20– 30 seconds). Add melted butter and pulse briefl y to coat crumbs. In a large, dry sauté pan over medium heat, toast breadcrumb mixture for 5–6 minutes until golden and crispy, stirring often. Remove from pan and set aside until ready to serve.
To make the shrimp
- Season shrimp with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan on medium-high with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sear shrimp on both sides for 1–2 minutes or until just opaque. Add garlic to pan. Sauté for 1 additional minute. Remove cooked shrimp from pan and set aside.
To make the zucchini pappardelle and shrimp
- Using a flat vegetable peeler, slice long, wide pappardelle-shaped “zoodles” from each zucchini, discarding the center when the seeds are visible in the noodles. Heat a large sauté pan with remaining olive oil, and sauté zucchini pappardelle for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and the halved cherry tomatoes to zucchini pappardelle in the sauté pan, tossing to combine. Add cream cheese, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Gently toss until cheese melts into sauce. Stir in reserved shrimp and sauté for 1–2 minutes or until just heated through. Divide between 2 large bowls, garnish with parsley, and sprinkle with the tomato breadcrumbs.
Chef Richie Hirshen is Corporate Chef at Bella Sun Luci, in Chico.