CHOCOLATE WALNUT TORTE
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- 3 cups walnuts
- 9¾ ounces semi-sweet chocolate roughly chopped
- 10 egg yolks
- ¾ cups sugar
- 10 ounces room temp. butter plus 1 tablespoon for the pan
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Butter a spring form pan, place an 12-inch circle of parchment paper on the bottom and up the sides, butter the parchment paper, and dust the pan with rice flour.
- In a Cuisinart, process the walnuts and chocolate to a medium fine texture.
- In a mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar to a thick ribbon stage. Add butter and beat until smooth.
- Fold the walnut and chocolate mixture into the emulsion, then beat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture into the prepared springform pan and bake for 45 min. After cooling for 5 minutes, remove from the pan.
- Cool completely, slice, and serve with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
Chef Brett LaMott, Café Maddalena in Dunsmuir