Judged “Best Cupcake in America” by Good Morning America
DENINE’S CHOCOLATE FLOURLESS S’MORE CUPCAKES
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 graham cracker sticks
- 24 chocolate Pocky sticks
TO PREPARE THE CUPCAKES
- Preheat over to 325°. Line muffin tins with cupcake wrappers.
- Melt butt er and chocolate in saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla in large bowl with an eletricc mixer on high speed until thick and pale yellow (about 3 minutes).
- Pour chocolate mixture into egg mixture and stil until combined.
- Pour chocolate batter into prepared muffi n tins filling almost to the top of each wrapper. Bake 14 minutes. Let cool.
TO PREPARE THE FROSTING
- Put all ingredients except vanilla in a large metal bowl and beat with electric mixer until ingredients are just incorporated (about 15 seconds). Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bott om of bowl to touch water), and beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 4 minutes. Increase speed to high and beat for additional 3 minutes until mixture is very thick. Remove bowl from simmering water. Add vanilla extract and continue beating for another 5 minutes.
- Fill pastry bag fitted with large tip with marshmallow frosting. Pipe a generous amount onto each cupcake. Stick one graham cracker stick and two Pocky sticks through the frosting and into the cupcake. Using a culinary torch, carefully brown the marshmallow quickly and evenly, being careful not to catch fire (the sugar burns easily!). This step can also be done under the broiler—but don’t put the graham cracker sticks or Pocky sticks in the cupcakes until aft er they come out of the broiler.