Chef Yess B, of Yess’s Curbside Diner, offers this summer recipe. Her food truck offers farm-to-curb meals regularly at lunch in Red Bluff and at events throughout the Norths tate. You could find this choice on the truck’s board if you stop by in summer.
Pennsylvania Dutch Strudel Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Seasonal fruit peaches, apples, cherries, plums, or any fruit you like, cut up
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and ½ cup butter in a medium bowl, mixing until crumbly.
- Sprinkle cut fruit with 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and spread into a deep pie dish or 8×8-inch baking dish. Pour flour and sugar mixture over the fruit. Dot with remaining 3 tablespoons butter, and bake until top is golden brown and delicious, approximately 1 hour.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!
Sara is a locavoracious reader and writer, fascinated by California’s food stories. Sara has never met a food she doesn’t like, although she considers brussels sprouts a frenemy.