This Cali’flour Pear Tart recipe and many more can be found at califlourfoods.com/blogs/recipes.
CALI’FLOUR PEAR TART
- 1 Cinnamon Spice Cali’flour crust
- 3 small pears halved cored, and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces goat or bleu cheese
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2–3 tablespoons course sugar (can use brown sugar)
- Sprinkling of sea salt
- Drizzle of honey
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Press thawed (not cookeCali’flour crust gently into a 7-inch fluted pastry pan. Add the goat cheese to the base of pan, followed by the sliced pears. Sprinkle with almonds, sugar, and salt. Bake for 30–40 minutes until edges are golden-brown and pears are cooked through. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack; allow to cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle with honey before slicing and serving.
Bonnie and Ken Chapman are partners in many of life’s great endeavors including marriage, raising two children, global travel adventures and writing for Edible Shasta-Butte. Both are avid trail runners and you can find them enjoying Upper Bidwell Park or wherever the trails take them.